If you're like me, you dread TV's finale season. I feel like I've been reading several good books at once and now I have to put them all down mid-story and not come back to them for the whole summer! Shows these days have totally mastered the art of suspense...but then I guess that's what keeps people watching. I must admit that I'm guilty of only watching shows once they've been recorded on my DVR. Reason being that I do NOT like to wait through commercials. I'm a commercial hater. My husband is not. He's often told me that I'm fast-forwarding through the good stuff like movie promos, new show promos, new toys (man toys, that is), etc. The art of waiting is definitely not something I'm good at when I know there's something awesome/sweet/adventurous/funny on the other end of the commercial break. But more on that in a minute.
When I was thinking about this post, I automatically started thinking of my daddy and how he has always watched soap operas during the day. If ever you miss Days of our Lives, just let me know and I'll call him for the play by play. My senior year in high school, I grew especially fond of 'Another World'. I had early dismissal from school, so I always made it home in time to catch it. One day I was watching as usual and I kept noticing that all the different story lines were resolving themselves in pleasant ways. I remember thinking "wait a minute, that's just too nice for a soap opera". By the end, everything was tied up with a nice big bow on top and I was really wondering what was up. The end of the show was tearful and very sentimental - it even got me! I still hadn't clued in to anything wrong until the credits rolled and it said something about it being the Series Finale. I was SHOCKED! I seriously felt like I didn't get to say goodbye. I acted like I would have watched it differently had I known it was the last.episode.ever. Since that time, any time finale season comes around, I'm obsessed with checking to see if it's a Series or a Season finale.
I thought of writing this little post the other day as I was packing up 1007 (our current home) to move to 313 (our new one). With our move creeping up on us (in 2 days! *gasp*sweat*passout), I feel like we're coming to a Season Finale. This season would have to be called New Digs, New Gigs. In this season, we've seen new jobs, a new place to live, we got a lot of things crossed off our wish list for our house, etc. We also learned a little bit more about how to actually be adults. There are a lot of aspects of this season that I'm glad to see go, but there are some that I wish I could bring with us into the next one. Example: The bubble that is our house now. Because it's in the 'basement' area of the apartment building, it's dark and cozy. We spend so much quality time together and I love it.
I really don't know how to end this post, so I'll just leave it hanging like the shows do...
Stay tuned for scenes from next season...a Baby? a House? a Car? a Booming Business? (Yes please)
I totally got a Carrie vibe from this :) LOVE!
ReplyDeleteJulie :)